[Numpy-discussion] arrayobject.h (and friends) install location

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Tue Jan 17 09:30:14 CST 2006

The main advantage of the current situation for me is that it's easy to
use with .eggs (for the reasons given). The symlink idea won't break
this, but the "let's make it like it was" solution would break it (which
was why it was changed). Can anyone think of a solution that would
please both the old-way-preferers and the .egg users?

Also, as for as I know, the only packages that install things into
/usr/include/python2.x/packagename are Numeric and numarray, so I would
argue it's not "standard", (although it may have lots of history).