[Numpy-discussion] Re: Maximum available dimensions in numpy

Szymon Jaroszewicz sj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Jan 17 10:24:10 CST 2006

I'm using multidimensional arrays (numarray currently) for storing
conditional probability distributions in Bayesian networks, in which
case a number of dimensions in the range of 20 or more can happen
easily. Obviously for this reason I think its not a good idea to limit
the dimensionality, especially that its not clear if the gain is worth
it. Also I don't think my application to be particularly unusual, see
for example Python Bayesian Network toolkit
http://elliotpbnt.blogspot.com/ funded by Google summer of code.

--
Szymon Jaroszewicz <sj at cs.umb.edu>