[Numpy-discussion] Speed performance on array constant set

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Mon Jan 23 16:19:06 CST 2006

Christopher Barker wrote:

> Mark Heslep wrote:
>
>> Ive got some NumArray C API investment in the typemaps.
>

> Are these SWIG typemaps? If so I think there are a bunch of us that
> wold like to see them, and maybe we can all work together to port them
> to NumPy.
>
> -Chris

Yes they are SWIG typemaps for OpenCv* data structures, based on prior
Numeric art I'd found and ported to Numarray.
Attached.

1. numdata.h  example that works well for simple Cv structures
containing uniform types:  CvPoint2D32F  => struct { float x, float y
}.  Can I use a record array here, or is there some Numpy overhead
interlaced with fields?
2. numarray.h  Attempt to replace the main Cv Image structures CvMat,
IplImage.  Needs work. Some success but there's segfault or two in there
somewhere.

 *Details for Cv use:  I drop them in the  ../interfaces/swig/python path
 for opencv and <include> them  in cv.i

 Regards,
 Mark