[Numpy-discussion] Numpy does not compile with PY_ARRAY_TYPES_PREFIX

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Fri Jan 27 08:50:12 CST 2006

I have attempted to compile RPy (see http://rpy.sourceforge.net/) with
numpy and found that both R and numpy headers define Int32:

.../numpy/core/include/numpy/arrayobject.h:304: conflicting types for `Int32'
.../lib/R/include/R_ext/Random.h:57: previous declaration of `Int32'

I have tried to fix the problem by setting PY_ARRAY_TYPES_PREFIX as follows:

$ CFLAGS=-DPY_ARRAY_TYPES_PREFIX=PyArray_NS_ python setup.py build

This resulted in compile error in almost every Numpy source file.

Am I using PY_ARRAY_TYPES_PREFIX correctly? If not, what is the
recommended way to solve name conflicts involving Numpy typoes?

Thanks.