Fwd: [Numpy-discussion] Numpy does not compile with PY_ARRAY_TYPES_PREFIX

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Jan 27 16:34:04 CST 2006

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Sasha wrote:
>
>> On 1/27/06, David M. Cooke <cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>>

>>> You need to add #include "Python.h" as the first include (and add a
>>> -I<python include directory> to your gcc line, of course).
>>>

>> Still does not work
>>

> It works for me.   Try the attached file.
>
> gcc -I /usr/include/python2.4 -I
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/include -c test.c
>
> Worked fine.
>
> Maybe Python.h has to come *before* the special #define.

On my system, it didn't seem to matter.  All incarnations worked.
Perhaps there is something wrong with your installation.   Could you
show the very first errors you are getting.  Is the wrong header being
picked up from somewhere.

Also perhaps you could look at the output of the compilation using the
-E (pre-processor only) flag.  This might help nail down the problem.

-Travis