[Numpy-discussion] ATLAS binaries - where are we?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:20:06 CST 2006

Hi,

I wonder if the forthcoming release of numpy is a good stimulus to
revisit the issue of ATLAS binaries, as for:

http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/

and

http://www.kevinsheppard.com/research/matlabatlas/matlab_atlas.aspx

It seems to me that it will be very important to have ATLAS binaries,
at very least for windows, which install seamlessly with NumPy.

I am very happy to contribute builds, and can probably make a little
windows compile farm at my lab (they _love_ windows where I work).
Would that be useful?  How would that best be integrated with the
distribution?

Best,

Matthew