[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 6 22:29:02 CST 2006

Bruce Southey wrote:
> I am also +1 to keep numpy for the same reasons as Colin and Chris. So
> far there has been nothing in alpha SciPy versions that offer any
> advantage over Numarray for what I use or develop.

Just so it's clear: I was advocating that the numpy-discussion group be
the primary place for NumPy-related ( as opposed to other scipy stuff)
discussion. I was not advocating for or against the adaptation of the
new scipy_base - scipy_core - now-numpy.

As it happens, I am very excited by the new numpy, am really looking
forward to its rapid adoption.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov