[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:20:06 CST 2006

Christopher Barker wrote:
> Sebastian Haase wrote:
>
>>now  we have two more !
>

> I think it's only one: numpy-dev got dropped.
>

>>Obviously there are going to be lots of posts regarding "transition from
>>Numeric/numarray to NumPy" -- are they all supposed to cross post !?
>

> No, they should post to numpy-user. If it's about numpy, post there.
> Period. If it's about Numeric or numarray, and NOT numpy, then post to
> the old list. As I imagine there are a lot of folks that are not
> interested in the latest developments, and are "just using" one of the
> older packages, then the old list has a valuable place.

I don't really have an opinion on this matter, and have run out of mental
bandwith to follow it.  But I'd like to ask that, when the dust settles, could
the powers-that-be please put up a clear notice on the new wiki as to what the
lists are, and the purpose of each, with links to the relevant subscription pages?

Cheers,