[Numpy-discussion] gfortran, numpy build

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:11:13 CST 2006

> numpy.distutils has already support for both g95 and gfortran compilers.
> Run
>    python setup.py config_fc --help-fcompiler
> to see a list of supported Fortran compilers.

Oops - sorry, I completely missed that - and thanks a lot for the
pointer.  For those as slow as I am, the build command seemed to be:

python setup.py config --fcompiler=gnu95 build

I am afraid this is a sign that I am lost in the build system.  Is
there a good place to start to get to grips with options like the
above?

And, is there a simple way to pass my favorite compiler optimization
flags into the build?

Thanks a lot,

Matthew