[Numpy-discussion] Args for ones, zeros, rand, eye, ones, empty (possible 1.0 change?)

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:39:28 CDT 2006

I just noticed that array.transpose() takes either a tuple or separate
arguments.  I'm not trying to imply anything, just I was thinking such a
thing had no precedent in numpy, but it turns out it does.

And as an aside, the docstring for .transpose() needs fixing. It says:
>>> a = array([[1,2],[3,4]])
>>> a
array([[1, 2],
       [3, 4]])
>>> a.transpose()
array([[1, 3],
       [3, 4]])

Whoa -- transpose destroys any 2's in your input and turns them into 3's!

How does one use this Trac thing again?  I couldn't find a "submit a bug"
link anywhere on the web scipy.org web page.  I found it once before, but
now I can't seem to locate it.

--bb