[Numpy-discussion] Ctypes support in NumPy

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:11:53 CDT 2006

Hey Thomas

Thomas Heller wrote:
> Thomas Heller schrieb:
> > I've also played a little, and I think one important limitation in
> ctypes
> > is that items in the argtypes list have to be ctypes types.
>
> Thi swas misleading:  I mean that this limitation should probably be
> removed, because it prevents a lot of things one could do.

What's your thinking on getting these changes made to ctypes and on ctypes'
future development in general?

Presumably you can't change it too much with the Python 2.5 release coming
up, but it would be a shame if we had to wait until Python 2.6 to get the
changes you suggested (and other goodies, like the array interface).

Regards,

Albert