[Numpy-discussion] OptimizationDemo [was: Numpy subversion compatibility with Scipy release? ]

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Fri Jul 7 14:42:01 CDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:

> The latest SVN revisions should match (it's a bug, otherwise). numpy 2761 is
> recent enough that an SVN checkout of scipy will probably be fine.

Yes SVN scipy/numpy fix the problem. Sorry, I missed Travis's post on
scipy-user here:
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2006-June/008438.html
to that effect.

I should just get specific: I was simply trying to run the basic
optimization demo on the front page of the wiki as check on SVN
(http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/OptimizationDemo1) and it appears SVN
scipy/numpy breaks matplotlib -0.87.2-1 (fc5) in the demo. Do I need SVN
matplotlib as well?

Mark

 From the Opt. Demo:
> In [1]: from scipy import arange, special, optimize
> In [2]: x = arange(0,10,0.01)
> In [4]: for k in arange(0.5,5.5):
> ...: y = special.jv(k,x)
> ...: plot(x,y)
> ...:
> exceptions.ZeroDivisionError Traceback (most recent call
... ...