[Numpy-discussion] Testing a self-compiled numpy

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 22:30:24 CDT 2006

I got numpy compiled according the the instruction on the Wiki, but is there
some way to try it out without wiping out my stable install of 0.9.8?

I tried modifying my PYTHONPATH to put the new numpy build directory first,
but 'import numpy' still picks up the installed 0.9.8 version.

I also tried running python from the build directory.  Then 'import numpy'
prints out "Running from numpy source directory", but the numpy thus
imported seems not to have any attributes.

Suggestions?
--bill