[Numpy-discussion] "ImportError: No module named numeric"

Tamaryn Menneer T.Menneer at soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 12 05:57:48 CDT 2006

Hi

I'm running Python 2.4 on Windows XP. I've installed NumPy, and run the
simple test of "import numeric" but I get the error "ImportError: No module
named numeric" in return. The module numeric is located in
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core, but even when I set PYTHONPATH to
this it returns the same error. Imports of modules in the Lib directory work
fine, but everything I've tried within site-packages results the no module
error.

I originally installed Python24 in Program Files, and thought this might be
causing the problem with a hardwired pathname somewhere, but having
uninstalled and reinstalled directly on the C drive, I still get the same
problem.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated. I'm virtually a complete newbie
to all this, but I'll try my best to understand any responses!

Thank you :-)

Tam.