[Numpy-discussion] Array interface and builtin array.array example

Karol Langner karol.langner at kn.pl
Wed Jul 12 08:40:36 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 13:29, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Sasha schrieb:
> > I had similar hopes when I submited the array interface patch
> > <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1452906&group_
> >id=5470&atid=305470> and announced it on python-dev
> > <http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-dev/3068813>.
> >
> > I am still waiting for anyone to comment on it :-(
>
> The *relevant* comment is here:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-dev/3078372
>
> Thomas

A related PEP _is_ being prepared - it can be found at
http://svn.scipy.org/svn/PEP/ (created by Travis). In fact, I am working on
it for Google Summer of Code, as I wrote in a different thread. I think that
if everyone interested in getting some kind of array interface into Python
core focused on a common effort, it would be more effecient and probably make
a stronger impression.

I created a page about it at http://scipy.org/BaseArray, and will be adding
more information very soon. Contribution and comments from annyone interested
are very welcome.

I really hope we can get this moving allong, and do it right.

Karol

--
written by Karol Langner
śro lip 12 15:31:09 CEST 2006