[Numpy-discussion] debian floating point exceptions/numpy/f2py -- sse

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:22:43 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I have just switched from RHEL to debian, and all of a sudden I started
getting floating point exception errors in various contexts.

Apparently, this has to do with some faulty error stuff in glibc,
specifically related to the sse. I would prefer to fix the actual
problem, but I can't seem to be able to get the recommended 'apt-get
source glibc' incantation to work (I'm not root, but I can sudo.)

I was able to fix some of these issues by simply downgrading ATLAS to
not use sse instructions anymore.

But f2py still links with sse and sse2 by default. I can't quite
understand the configuration well enough to work out how to turn it off.
Can someone give me any guidance?

Thanks,

Andrew