[Numpy-discussion] generalized_inverse

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 14 10:59:49 CDT 2006

pseudoinverse

it's the same name matlab uses:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/pinv.html

Victoria G. Laidler wrote:

>Sven Schreiber wrote:
>

>>Jon Peirce schrieb:
>>

>>>There used to be a function generalized_inverse in the numpy.linalg
>>>module (certainly in 0.9.2).
>>>
>>>In numpy0.9.8 it seems to have been moved to the numpy.linalg.old
>>>subpackage. Does that mean it's being dropped? Did it have to move? Now
>>>i have to add code to my package to try both locations because my users
>>>might have any version... :-(
>>>

>>Maybe I don't understand, but what's wrong with numpy.linalg.pinv?
>>

>Er, what's a pinv? It doesn't sound anything like a generalized_inverse.
>
>Vicki Laidler

I'm part of the Team in Training: please support our efforts for the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/tntsvmbJTaylor

GO TEAM !!!

Jonathan Taylor                           Tel:   650.723.9230
Dept. of Statistics                       Fax:   650.725.8977
Sequoia Hall, 137                         www-stat.stanford.edu/~jtaylo
390 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305