[Numpy-discussion] Beta release on Thursday

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jul 20 17:00:34 CDT 2006

Nick Fotopoulos wrote:
> On July 17, 2006, at 9:01 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> > I'd like to make release 1.0beta on Thursday.  Please submit
> bug-reports
> > and fixes before then.
> >
> > -Travis
>
> Is it possible to incorporate v7 mat-file support before the
> new-feature freeze?
That is in SciPy.  I'm talking about the NumPy 1.0beta release.   But, I
would like to get the v7 mat-file support into SciPy soon.

Perhaps you are arguing about putting in mat-file support into NumPy.
While I appreciate the idea, I like it sitting on the SciPy side of the
fence

>   I have the fixes posted to ticket #14.  Several people have
> contacted me about the ticket.
Thanks for the ticket.  I will get around to it.  I've been swamped with
NumPy.  I'm really relying on the other contributors for SciPy fixes.

-Travis