[Numpy-discussion] A C++ library and the new array interface: the best approach?

Philip Austin paustin at eos.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 5 19:51:04 CDT 2006

Travis Oliphant writes:

 > b) byte-the bullet and use Boost python (which other's who have
 > integrated C++ code with Python seem to really like).  I've never
 > wrapped my mind around Boost python, though, so I'm not much help there.

I've updated my set of boost helper functions to work with
numpy -- there's a Readme at:

http://www.eos.ubc.ca/research/clouds/software/pythonlibs/num_util/num_util_release2
(http://tinyurl.com/eo6fe)

A simple example which shows some of the boost python features (reference
counting, C++ versions of python types, docstrings, exceptions)
is appended below.  When called with python script http://tinyurl.com/zy57a it
produces the output  http://tinyurl.com/fr7xo

Regards, Phil Austin