[Numpy-discussion] .T Transpose shortcut for arrays again

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 15:41:44 CDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Tim Hochberg <tim.hochberg at cox.net> wrote:
> It looks even closer to † (dagger if that doesn't make it through) which
> is the symbol used for the hermitian adjoint.

If it pleases the matlab crowd, '+' can be defined to do the hermitian
adjoint. on the complex type.

> Perhaps it's not as perverse as it first appears. Although I still don't
> have to like it ;-)

I don't like it either, but I don't like .T even more.  These days I
hate functionality I cannot google for.  Call me selfish, but I
already know what unary '+' can do to a higher rank array, but with .T
I will always have to look up which axes it swaps ...