[Numpy-discussion] PyObject arrays, pickling, tofile

Tom Denniston tom.denniston at alum.dartmouth.org
Mon Jul 10 10:42:50 CDT 2006

Travis,

Thanks for your help.  Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  I
wasn't on email for a few days.

I seem to be able to pickle and restore PyObject arrays but then
concatenates and takes give me the following error:

TypeError: fields with object members not yet supported.

What is even stranger is my stack trace stops at the call to numpy in
my code and doesn't show where it is failing in the numpy code.

The same operation on the numpy array that hasn't been pickled and
loaded back, works fine.

--Tom