[Numpy-discussion] Array interface and builtin array.array example

Karol Langner karol.langner at kn.pl
Wed Jul 12 09:15:23 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 16:00, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Karol Langner schrieb:

> >> The *relevant* comment is here:
> >>
> >> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-dev/3078372
> >>
> >> Thomas
> >
> > A related PEP _is_ being prepared - it can be found at
> > http://svn.scipy.org/svn/PEP/ (created by Travis).
>
> I know.  But, hiding it somewhere on the internet doesn't lead anywhere.
> You (the authors) should follow the official PEP process, instead:
> submit an official PEP, post it for feedback, and so on.

I haven't actually thought about this, but I guess that is will happen sooner
or later. I started working on the code in the scipt svn repository, and I'm
not to well oriented how the dev procedure works. Maybe Travis can tell us
about long-term strategy for the PEP, if there already is some?

There was a PEP back in 2001 concerning MD-arrays
(http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0209/), which is was even featured in the
"PEP parade" (http://www.python.org/doc/essays/pepparade.html), but got
deferred, abandoned, withdrawn, or something else.

Karol

--
written by Karol Langner
śro lip 12 16:04:22 CEST 2006