[Numpy-discussion] Atlas and dual core

Keith Goodman kwgoodman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 10:14:52 CDT 2006

On 7/15/06, Steve Lianoglou <lists.steve at arachnedesign.net> wrote:

> 1) Did you install ubuntu by way of Parallels, or are you running
> linux "full steam"

Yes, it is a full steam dual boot system. My default boot is Ubuntu.

> 2) If you did install ubuntu alongside/over/whatever mac os x and
> didn't use parallels .. are there any links you can share w/ a few
> tutorials? Is everything (else: like hardware support) working well?
> (Maybe off list since it's OT -- but maybe others are interested)

Here are the references I used:

http://bin-false.org/?p=17
http://www.planetisaac.com/articles/ubuntuinstall.html

(The second one, which was an annotated version of the first one,
seems to have disappeared.)

No, not everything is working. And the installation is not easy (for
me). I think it will become easy in a few months.

But numpy and scipy were easy to compile!

If you run into any problems, just send me a note off list.