[Numpy-discussion] What to do about numarray extension modules?

Peter Verveer verveer at embl-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 19 02:10:51 CDT 2006

I am the author of nd_image. In my opinion the package should remain
in SciPy, where it indeed belongs. The only reason it was in numarray
is that there was no such thing as SciPy for numarray.

Although it is relatively bug-free and has a reasonable amount of
image processing functions, it could stand a lot of improvement.
Including it in a base NumPy package would be a mistake, as it is not
a fully optimized and finished package.

nd_image should install easily as a separate package, hence it could
be included in SciPy while maintaining the possibility for standalone
usage.

Peter