[Numpy-discussion] Please comment on SVN versioning convention

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Mon Jul 24 18:09:15 CDT 2006

On 7/24/06, Andrew Straw <strawman at astraw.com> wrote:

> Yes, I only brought up version numbers as strings because you did. I'm
> not proposing we solve that problem. I see setuptools, in particular, as
> the biggest thing to support, because it lets you have multiple versions
> installed simultaneously. And I don't know how to force its hand, or
> even if it's possible.

I am not familiar with setuptools and I expect that many others who
care about __version__ conventions are not either.  Please explain
exactly how setuptools depend on what is stored in __version__  and
why using 'final' in place of svn revision number in file names will
not solve your problems.

I would be against any change that will affect  map(int,
__version__.split('.')[:3]).