[Numpy-discussion] matrix-related bug in 1.0b1

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:49:11 CDT 2006

On 7/25/06, Sven Schreiber <svetosch at gmx.net> wrote:
> Travis Oliphant schrieb:
> > Sven Schreiber wrote:
> >>
> > The change was trying to fix up some cases but did break this one.  The
> > problem is that figuring out whether or not to transpose the result is a
> > bit tricky.  I've obviously still got it wrong.

Is there some test case that demonstrates the problem it was intended
to fix?  Or can you remember off the top of your head?  I tried as
many things as I could think of but nothing I tried gave the wrong
answer with the fix of removing the 'not' on line 140.

> p.s.: Is there going to be a new beta soon? Or is there a quick fix to
> this slicing problem in the meantime? Thanks.

Sven, if you were happy with the behavior under numpy 0.9.8 then all
you have to do is just cut and paste its matrix.__getitem__ method
into your current site-packages/numpy/core/defmatrix.py.

--bill