[Numpy-discussion] Version numbers

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Jul 26 14:59:33 CDT 2006

I like the plan of adopting even-numbers for stable releases.  So, if
you have an odd-number then it is from the development trunk.

Thus, after 1.1.SVN_number builds will come a stable 1.2 build

Now, this doesn't solve the problem of what to do on the ver1.0 branch.

I propose to do what Andrew suggested and change the version number on
the ver1.0 branch to 0.9.9 until release 1.0 comes out.

That way builds from the SVN tree will have the SVN version number
attached to

0.9.9

and will be "smaller" than

1.0

Once 1.0 comes out then the development branch version number will be
changed to 1.0.0

-Travis