[Numpy-discussion] numpy vs numeric benchmarks

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:16:46 CDT 2006

Filip Wasilewski wrote:

> So the next question is what's the difference between matrixmultiply and
> dot in NumPy?

matrixmultiply is a deprecated compatibility name. Always use dot. dot will get
replaced with the optimized dotblas implementation when an optimized BLAS is
available. matrixmultiply will not (probably not intentionally, but I'm happy
with the current situation).

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."