[Numpy-discussion] trouble installing on fedora core 5 64 bit

JJ josh8912 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 13:18:11 CDT 2006

Hello.  I am having some trouble getting numpy
installed on an AMD 64 bit Fedora 5 machine.  I have
loaded atlas, blas, and lapack using yum.  I can see
their library files in /usr/lib64/atlas/ (files such
as libblas.so.3.0).  But the setup program will not
run.  I have obtained the latest version of numpy
using svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk
numpy.  I have created a site.cfg file containing:

[atlas]
library_dirs = /usr/lib64
atlas_libs = lapack, blas, cblas, atlas

But when I try to run python setup.py install it
appears that none of the libraries are seeen.  I get
the following error messages and output.  Can anyone
offer help?  Thanks.

[root at fedora-newamd numpy]# python setup.py install
Running from numpy source directory.
No module named __svn_version__
F2PY Version 2_2587
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
  looking libraries mkl,vml,guide in /usr/local/lib
but found None
  looking libraries mkl,vml,guide in /usr/lib but
found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib64/atlas but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib64/atlas but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/local/lib but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/local/lib but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib but found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib64/atlas but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib64/atlas but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/local/lib but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/local/lib but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib but found None
  looking libraries lapack,blas,cblas,atlas in
/usr/lib but found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

/usr/local/numpy/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1281:
UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/)
libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be
specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or
by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
  looking libraries blas in /usr/local/lib but found
None
  looking libraries blas in /usr/local/lib but found
None
  looking libraries blas in /usr/lib but found None
  looking libraries blas in /usr/lib but found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

/usr/local/numpy/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1290:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not
found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be
specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or
by setting
    the BLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_src_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

<snip>