[Numpy-discussion] problem with numpy.. sometimes using numarray? and selection question

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:25:08 CDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Eric Emsellem <emsellem at obs.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a number of small modules where I now systematically use
> numpy.
>
> I have in principle used the latest versions of the different
> array/Science modules (scipy, numpy, ..) but still at some point during
> a selection, it crashes on numpy because it seems that the array
> correspond to "numarray" arrays.

[...]

> QUESTION 1: Any hint on where numarray could still be appearing?

Not a final answer, but I've had the same thing happen to me recently
(I'm making the transition right now) with extension modules which
were built against Numeric (in my case).  They return old Numeric
arrays (I had 23.7, without the array interface) and numpy is not
happy.

Rebuilding all my extensions against numpy  fixed the problem.

Cheers,