[Numpy-discussion] iterate along a ray: linear algebra?

stephen emslie stephenemslie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:13:03 CDT 2006

I am in the process of implementing an image processing algorithm that
requires following rays extending outwards from a starting point and
calculating the intensity derivative at each point. The idea is to find the
point where the difference in intensity goes beyond a particular threshold.

Specifically I'm examining an image of an eye to find the pupil, and the
edge of the pupil is a sharp change in intensity.

How does one iterate along a line in a 2d matrix, and is there a better way
to do this? Is this a problem that linear algebra can help with?

Thanks
Stephen Emslie