[Numpy-discussion] USING NUMPY WITH EXCEL

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 13 17:27:04 CST 2006

    Ajith> I am interested in using NumPy with Excel - eg, entering
    Ajith> array data in Excel ranges, doing array computations using
    Ajith> NumPy, and presenting the results in Excel. Are there any
    Ajith> references or templates that I could use for this purpose?
    Ajith> Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark Hammond's "Python Programming On Win32 : Help for Windows
Programmers "

  http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python2.3-matplotlib

covers the API for interacting with Excel using his win32 python
extensions

  http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

Here's an online tutorial

  http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/python/excel.html

There is nothing numpy specific to master.  Once you figure out how to
get sequences from excel to python and back, you can plug numpy into
the pipeline.

JDH