[Numpy-discussion] Re: gcc-4.1

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:08:04 CST 2006

Darren Dale wrote:
> Has anyone been able to build numpy with gcc-4.1? I upgraded gcc on my home
> computer this weekend from glibc-2.3.6 and gcc-3.4.5 to glibc-2.4 and
> gcc-4.1. When I try to build numpy I get warnings like "warning: build_ext:
> fcompiler=gnu is not available." I tried forcing numpy to use gfortran with
> "python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=gnu95 build", and got the same warning
> for fcompiler=gnu95.

Building numpy shouldn't require any kind of Fortran compiler.

However, the problem is that the version-recognizing regex doesn't like the
version string "GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.1.0 (Gentoo 4.1.0)". Look in
numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py and the class attribute
Gnu95FCompiler.version_pattern .

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com