[Numpy-discussion] Current SVN segfaults under VC7

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:45:00 CST 2006

I've seen this too, and been able to fix it by removing the build
directory and rebuilding everything.

I wonder if there's a bug in numpy's dependency checking that's
causing certain files to not get rebuilt when they ought. I recently
updated to the SVN head, and numpy segfaulted on import, just as you
describe. After puttering around with GDB, it looked like some of the
code was out of synch with other parts of the code, so I decided to
rebuild from scratch.

After I deleted the entire numpy build directory ('python setup.py
clean' *did not* work) and re-built, things worked just fine. I've
also had this problem with scipy, and the same solution applied.

Anyhow, try removing all traces of build products from the numpy
directory and rebuilding... maybe that will fix things.

Zach