[Numpy-discussion] Access to C/C++, typemaps, pyrex...

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Mar 12 18:56:00 CST 2006

Andrew Straw wrote:

> OK, I just hope you update your code to use Python's Py_intptr_t. I
> think it will be more robust.

Done, both on the 'real' wavelets stuff and on the exposed numpyx example.
Thanks for the pointer.

> I'm not proposing we do so. The 'setuptools aware' proposal above allows
> making use of a setuptools feature without requiring it. I agree this
> could be done in a few lines of code without setuptools, I was just
> making a suggestion for improvement to your setup.py file to make it
> more robust to the presence or absence of Pyrex.

Thanks, that's a good point.  I just fixed the setup.py file so it will not
require pyrex, and added the generated C to SVN as well.  This way anyone can
grab the code and run it without needing anything beyond python and numpy.

Cheers,