[Numpy-discussion] numexpr update

Tim Hochberg tim.hochberg at cox.net
Fri Mar 17 15:29:06 CST 2006

I just committed a whole slow of changes to numexpr for your enjoyment.

First the good news. It now handles integers as well as floats and the
framework is in place for adding complex numbers as well (it can
actually add complex numbers, but nothing else yet). It should be pretty
simple to add complex at this point, so that'll probably happen soon.
Otherwise things are more or less the same, although I expect to
modifying the interface a little bit here soon to better support typing
of input values.

Now the bad news: somewhere along the way I introduced some sort of
memory bug and it occasionally segfaults on me. I'm not sure if it's
reference counting or I'm scribbling outside my allocated block of
memory somehow, but I'll continue hunting it down. More minor issues
include int**int is a little bit bogus and I've turned off the
aggressive power optimizations for the moment pending some improvements
to the compiler.

-tim