[Numpy-discussion] A numerical agnostic extension

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Mar 24 18:10:01 CST 2006

Hi,

After seeing the inspiring work of Andrew Straw on the implementation of
a __array_struct__ Pyrex interface for the array protocol, I wasn't able
to relax and finally implemented another extension (heavily based on
Andrew's work) that takes Numeric/numarray/NumPy objects and exposes the
same interface to access to their data and metadata from both Python and
Pyrex (and hence, C) spaces. All this *without* a need to compile
against a specific numerical package.

I've created a new recipe for this extension in:

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/A_Pyrex_Agnostic_Class

I'm pretty excited about all the possibilities that opens this
relatively small class: numerical agnosticism is closer than ever :-)

--
>0,0<   Francesc Altet     http://www.carabos.com/
V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"