matrix multiplication (newbie question)

Joris De Ridder joris at ster.kuleuven.be
Wed Nov 8 08:00:00 CST 2006

   [im]: Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what is the easiest way to multiply matrices in numpy? Suppose I want to do A=B*C*D. The ' * ' operator apparently does element wise multiplication, as does the 'multiply' ufunc.
   [im] All I could find was the numeric function 'matrix_multiply, but this only takes two arguments.

Have a look at the examples "dot()" and "mat()" in the Numpy Example List.
http://www.scipy.org/Numpy_Example_List

J.