[Numpy-discussion] recarray infos

Lionel Roubeyrie lroubeyrie at limair.asso.fr
Tue Nov 28 03:30:37 CST 2006

Hi all,
I'm interested by an array where I can call rows by their names and play with
records, and recarray seems to be the solution. However, I can't find any
complete documentation saying if recarray have the following behaviors:
 - stack datas : like numpy.array, is it possible to mak vstack, hstack, ...?
 - take several columns directly by their names, like recarray['col1','col3']
 - setting extra-properties, like recarray['col1'].unit='µg.m^-3'
After, numpy's doc says to use masked values for computation on arrays against
nan values, but it seems that in recarray masked_values are not supported.
Can I safely use nan for missing values?
Thanks for your answers

Lionel Roubeyrie - lroubeyrie at limair.asso.fr
LIMAIR
http://www.limair.asso.fr