[Numpy-discussion] dtype inconsistancy?

humufr at yahoo.fr humufr at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 29 13:41:01 CST 2006

Hi,

I think that the following command and result are a little bit inconsistant
and a source of error. I don't understand why: dtype=float32 for a result
when it's invalid in the definition.

N.

In [8]: a = numpy.array([1],dtype=float32)
exceptions.NameError                                 Traceback (most recent
call last)

NameError: name 'float32' is not defined

In [9]: a = numpy.array([1],dtype='float32')

In [10]: a
Out[10]: array([ 1.], dtype=float32)

In [11]: numpy.array([ 1.], dtype=float32)