[Numpy-discussion] Hello and my first patch

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Oct 4 23:15:50 CDT 2006

Greg Willden wrote:

> Hello All,
> I introduced myself on the Scipy list and I have a feeling that most
> of the subscribers here are also on Scipy-devel.  Anyway I just
> submitted my first patch to numpy (ticket #316).  I added the
> blackman-harris, Nuttall and Flat Top windowing functions and added
> "See also" sections to the docstrings for all the window functions.

Great contribution.  Thanks a bunch.  I think this will probably go into
the scipy package, though.  There is already a lot of windows available
in the scipy.signal.window function.

The window functions that are in NumPy are there only for historical
purposes only (i.e. compatibility with old MLab).

On the other hand, the other thought to consider is that since we have
window functions in NumPy already.  Let's just move them all from
scipy.signal into NumPy.

-Travis