ide for python/numpy/scipy/mpl, development ?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 10 11:47:15 CDT 2006

Eric Emsellem wrote:
> I have problems  getting binaries for wxPython (Suse10.1) and I
> don't want to attempt a full compilation of that package...

Di you try the rpms at sourceforge? one of them may well be compatible.

If not, I've had good luck with building the source rpms:

rpmbuild --rebuild NameOfRPM.srpm

> installed Suse10.1 from the downloadable version and many many
> packages are missing there -

That would be a trick -- you'll need relevant the dev packages. But that
sounds like an issue you'll be coming up against over and over again anyway.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov