Should numpy.sqrt(-1) return 1j rather than nan?

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Thu Oct 12 09:13:46 CDT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Greg Willden apparently wrote:
> I'm having serious doubts about my conversion to Numpy.

That's fine, but be sure to treat the explanations you are
receiving with the same seriousness that you treat your
doubts.

For example, in the speed vs. correctness discussion, be
sure to understand the problems with the word "correct".
Which have been explained.

correct != expected
when expectations lack context

Cheers,