A recarray of arrays

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 14:36:23 CDT 2006

Folks,
What is the easiest way to define a recarray of arrays ?
For example, I'd need something like that:
Given three arrays
>>> x = N.arange(5)
>>> y = x+1
>>> z = N.sqrt(x)
and a list of names:
Define a 3-record array with two fields: the first one being a ndarray (in x,
y or), the second a string (in n).

I'm a bit at loss with the definition of the corresponding dtype...