[Numpy-discussion] Vectorizing code, for loops, and all that

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:26:53 CDT 2006

Hi,

On 10/2/06, Albert Strasheim <fullung at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently started looking at David Cournapeau's PyEM package,
> specifically his implementation of the K-Means algorithm. He
> implemented part of this algorithm with in pure Python version and
> also provided a Pyrex alternative that is significantly faster (about
> 10 times with the data I tested with). I tried to figure out why this
> is so.

Just of of curosity, have you seen the implementation at BioPython
(http://biopython.org)?

Michiel de Hoon and other wrote 'The C Clustering Library', see the
following document for more details (linked from documentation page -
http://biopython.org/wiki/Documentation):
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/cluster/cluster.pdf

Regards
Bruce