LPC, durbin-levinson, covariance, autocorrelation and lattice method?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:57:34 CDT 2006

On 10/24/06, Tobias Bengtsson <tobbe at tobbe.nu> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wish to do some Linear Predictive Coding, using durbin-levinson,
> covariance, autocorrelation or lattice method algoritms.
> However I don't know anything on digital signal processing, neither am I
> a star at math.
>
> I've ported http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/courses/spsci/dsp/lpc.html to
> python, but I couldn't get it to work, that was ported from fortran.

Quick and dirty: make a matrix A whose column are the data (d) delayed by 1,
2, 3... units respectively, then use least squares to solve the equation
Ax=d. Durbin-Levinson, nee Levinson, is just an efficient way to do this
using knowledge of the special structure of the problem.

Does scipy/numpy contain the means to help me?

Don't know.

Chuck