[SciPy-user] Need more comments from scientific community on python-dev

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:55:51 CST 2006

On 10/31/06, John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>     Travis> All of these seem to define their own objects which are
>     Travis> basically just interpretations of chunks of memory.  At
>     Travis> one time, we might have said "these should all be
>     Travis> sub-classes of the ndarray".  Now, we are thinking more
>
> What about blitting pixel buffers from mpl or chaco agg into various
> GUI windows, GTK, Tk, WX, etc....  This seems like a ready made case
> for the array interface.  I could pipe in with an example like this if
> it would help.

I would also like to see the socket object take a more general type than
python strings. I suspect there are a lot of such things in python --
interfaces to services and such -- that would benefit from using a more
general interface to memory blocks. But I am not a python developer and
don't really know how to make that case.

Chuck