[Numpy-discussion] order keyword

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 11:40:53 CDT 2006

I am trying to write more document strings for numpy and have a question
about the order keyword in tostring. The usual allowed values of this
keyword are "C", "F", or None, but in the tostring method there is also the
value "Any" which has the same effect as None. I wonder if the "Any"
shouldn't be removed as None seems to be the preferred form in other
methods. Also, the default value of order in the tostring method is "C" and
it seems to me that the principal of least surprise requires None as the
default so that the order of the array being converted is the default.

Chuck