[Numpy-discussion] [MMTK] Re: Fwd: Collection.findTransformation() never stops

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Tue Sep 19 11:05:55 CDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 5:11, Dr. Seth Olsen wrote:

> Bill's answer to my inquiry about the problem I'm having with
> Collection.findTransformation() (and also, incidentally, with the
> dgesvd call in Subspace.getBasis(), has convinced me that I can no
> long use MMTK without changing some of the code over to numpy.  I
> have already been able to determine that invoking
> numpy.oldnumeric.alter_code1.convertall() over the MMTK directory
> tree is not the answer.  Has anyone on either of these lists ever
> tried this before and, if so, can it be done (without destroying my
> sanity)?

Adapting MMTK to NumPy is likely to be a major effort, in particular
for the C modules. A lot ot testing would also be required. If anyone
wants to tackle this, I'd be happy to see the results. Personally, I
don't expect to find time for this soon.

MMTK works fine with Numeric 23.x (and probably many other versions),
so I don't see a pressing need to change to NumPy.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France