[Numpy-discussion] sorting -inf, nan, inf

A. M. Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 21:09:33 CDT 2006

On 19/09/06, Tim Hochberg <tim.hochberg at ieee.org> wrote:

> I'm still somewhat mystified by the desire to move the nans to one end
> of the sorted object. I see two scenarios:

It's mostly to have something to do with them other than throw an
exception. Leaving them in place while the rest of the array is
reshuffled requires a lot of work and isn't particularly better. I
mostly presented it as an alternative to throwing an exception.

Throwing a Python exception now seems like the most reasonable idea.

A. M. Archibald